.

.
This site is no longer active. For the latest from Alexandra, click through to alexandrahedin.com

Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Endless Summer Projects :: Shell Memories


Last summer I decided to escape Seattle for one month in the summer and go up to the beach at Whidbey Island.  No matter how hard I tried to keep it at one month, our time got whittled down to two weeks.  

The time spent with my children exploring on the beach, going on picnics, and picking blackberries together was invaluable.  To commemorate our holiday last year, I gathered up the shells that we found on our walks and cleaned them off.  Since our two weeks took us up the San Juans for several days, I decided to turn our shells into small tokens of our trip.



The project was incredibly simple.  The most challenging part was drilling the hole in the shell without breaking the shell.  I only drilled a hole in case I decide to hang these on the Christmas tree this year {stay tuned!  I've already planned out Christmas!}



You'll need
Shells
An old chart {like a map but for the sea}
Modge Podge


Step 1  ::  Brush the inside of the shell with Modge Podge and press the part of the chart you want to show into the Modge Podge.  Let dry.

Step 2  ::  Trim the edges of the chart to fit the shell.

Step 3  ::  Brush the top of the chart with Modge Podge and let dry.







1 comment:

Jeanine H said...

OH!! I LOVE it! Just found your blog through your latest Endless Summer bloggers series. I had to say I am soo glad to hear I am not thee only person who's planned & working slowly towards Christmas!! :D