Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Color of the Month :: June Pink



We lost power this week and it totally threw me off!  Off so much that I almost didn't get this post up.  Yikes!  And miss the sunny summer colors of June.

pink patio here via House Beautiful

I've long been accused of loving pink.  I really haven't even been one who loved pink but it seems to pop up a lot recently.  Pink is such a fun color - it's friendly and flirty and (when used correctly) is not syrupy sweet.  A little pink makes everything better.


In my year of fabulous colors I'm bring pink in via the master bedroom (don't tell Mr. Hedin).  Rather than a super girly pink bedroom I'm pairing pink with red.  Gasp!  I know, pink and red aren't supposed to go together, but they really do.  They look lovely together when done correctly.


This flamingo print is going to be the centerpiece of the room - paired with a vintage red rug, a pink fabric headboard, a pink covered chair, and white everything else.  I am really excited to get this room going because it's a super dreary green right now and it just makes everything else feel dreary too.  

At the end of the year, I'm going to be posting the entire year of color with every project each month inspired.  I hope you have been inspired too - if so, send me a photo and we'll revel in the colors together! 

For all of the pink fun, follow me on Pinterest.










No comments: