Thursday, August 23, 2012

As Seen on TV :: Back to School Lunches

Tune into Q13 Fox News this morning at 9:15 to see the whole segment!




I love back to school but I dread back to school lunches.  It feels like I pack the exact same thing everyday.  It's so easy to start packing "easy" pre-made things too - but who feels good about that?  I sure don't.  Instead I like to make everything myself which ends with a lot of dried fruit and jelly sandwiches (we can't eat nuts).  B-O-R-I-N-G.

This year I'm jazzing it up with a few new tricks - I hope you'll join me! (And everything is in muffin shape or mini-muffin shape because they love anything that can be tagged a "cupcake!")




To make corn dog bites :: Mix your favorite corn muffin recipe.  Fill muffin tins half full and place half of a hot dog in the center.  Add more muffin mix to cover hot dog completely and fill muffin tin to 3/4 full.  Bake per muffin recipe instructions.

Yogurt Smoothies :: In a blender mix together 1 cup yogurt (greek yogurt doesn't freeze as well but has more protein) 1/2 cup milk, 1 cup of your favorite berries, 1 cup spinach, 2 tablespoons honey (more to taste) and blend.  Pour into Ball Freezer Jam containers and freeze.  


No comments: