.

.
This site is no longer active. For the latest from Alexandra, click through to alexandrahedin.com

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Glittering Holiday :: Celebrating Hanukkah


Technically, we aren't Jewish.  But my son has been curious about Hanukkah - why his friends celebrate it and he doesn't, etc. - so I thought, "Why don't we celebrate it?" I pulled out our blue and white candles and dug into a handful of cookbooks to find the perfect Hanukkah recipes.  I love a good challenge, so making things (like kugel) that I've never made before was a kick.





Everything was actually quite simple.  Except the doughnuts, which you could just buy at Top Pot and they would be just as good.  We lit all eight candles and talked about the history of Hanukkah.  It wasn't entirely authentic but it was fun and educational.  Do you ever celebrate other culture's holidays?



No comments: