Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Market Basics :: Lobster in 10 minutes {+ a video as proof}

I would be lying to you if I said I cooked lobster regularly.  I mean really, lobster?

1) I've had restaurants ruin it, why would I not?
2) It sounds really expensive
3) Who am I?  The Queen? (well, some days, yes.)

For some reason when Metropolitan Market and I began thinking about fabulous Valentine Dinners the first thing that came to mind was lobster.  What I discovered is that there is a shockingly short learning curve on lobster.  If you've ever had good lobster at a restaurant and paid a zillion dollars for it, then you are in for a shock.  It's easy.  It's easy to make, easy to cut (please watch your fingers!), and easy to impress with.


I don't know if you've made Valentine dinner reservations but I believe they are a gigantic trick.  Restaurants book up early - and cram guests into every nook and cranny of the restaurant - making a usually pleasant restaurant unbearably full.  They generally serve a prix fix menu.  Sometimes that's nice.  Sometime's that's not.  Instead, make dinner for your Valentine this year and save the dinner reservations for the 15th when everything is back to normal.

See how simple this really is and watch the video!




This is the first of a long series of videos that I am thrilled to be able to bring you in partnership with Metropolitan Market.  If you are in the Seattle area, pop into your local Metropolitan Market and tell them you're hungry.


4 comments:

peopleandplacesandthings.com said...

Oh my gosh! Perfect timing! I told the hubs I'd cook him whatever he wanted for Valentine's Day and he asked for lobster. Now I know how to cook it! :)

Alexandra Hedin said...

It's literally so simple! You will be shocked - he will be thrilled. Happy Valentine's Day!

Ingrid said...

The video turned it great! We will be using this recipe tonight!

Ingrid said...

Sorry that should say turned out great!