.

.
This site is no longer active. For the latest from Alexandra, click through to alexandrahedin.com

Monday, February 11, 2013

Sweet Valentines without the sweets


Click through to read more, see details, and make your own CANDY FREE Valentine treats.







Valentine's are a little bit tough for boys.  It's not that they don't dig the parties and the fun cards - but it's the whole "lovey-dovey" aspect of the holiday.  I can pretty easily see a way around it but sometimes I come up with things that are a little crazy so I just have to convince Lars that it's an awesome idea.  

Lucky for me, Minted asked if we wanted to try out their new online class Valentines.  I had already ordered tiny stamps online that had monsters on them.  Narrowing down Minted's choices to monsters made it super simple and he got to do it himself.  Monster stamps + Monster cards = candy free awesomeness for boys to give.










Girl Valentines are less difficult than boys - but put a yellow duck in this bag and you are all boy-ed out.  Because I'm trying to get Pearl to think outside of the princess box, I encouraged her to look at other ideas for Valentine's Day when we ordered these last month.  They are still pink, which makes her happy, but they are a little more fun (for boys and girls) than a princess tiara.  Trust me.  

And if you are going to pull out the puns (which I love) this is the time!  Quack them up!  And speaking of puns...



Personalized pencils are something everyone can use.  And if you don't use a pencil anymore, you are missing out.  Make a mistake?  Erase it!  Use the side and shade things.  Your kids used it on the couch?  No problem!  I love old-school pencils and use them all the time.  Personalize them and you have an awesome gift that people will always remember.



I hope you have a fabulous Valentine's Day!  What are your kids giving their friends?



Monster Valentines c/o Minted.com

No comments: