May Brass :: Gilded China Dish
When Mr. Hedin's great aunt moved into a retirement home there were several things that no one particularly wanted. Her pink rose trimmed china, vaguely chipped, was one of them. I couldn't bear to see a family members china go to the Goodwill, so I scooped it up.
The problem was, it wasn't really my style. I used it in a photo shoot once and it looked adorable. But after that, it stayed in the cabinet.
Then I saw some darling half dipped china at Anthropologie and thought this could be the solution for my "not so cute" china. Since everything is better with gold...
You'll need
1 china dish
blue painters tape
liquid gilding
paint brush
rubbing alcohol
cotton balls
Step 1 :: Clean china dish well and rub area to be cleaned with rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball. Let air dry
Step 2 :: Tape off area to be taped with blue painters tape. Press the tape down well on the edge to be taped.
Step 3 :: Apply a layer of gilding carefully. Most gilding dries really fast so work carefully. Let dry
Step 4 :: Apply additional layers of paint as needed.
Step 5 :: Remove painters tape carefully. You may need to use an exacto knife to cut the paint away from the tape.










