.

.
This site is no longer active. For the latest from Alexandra, click through to alexandrahedin.com

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Weeknight Dinner :: Five Minute Teriyaki Sauce



My family loves take-out-teriyaki.  But I noticed that my rings don't fit the morning after take-out-teriyaki.  Which makes me not love take-out-teriyaki.  So I figured out how to make our own teriyaki sauce that has just a little less sodium.  If you aren't a fan of corn starch, you can leave it out - but it will never thicken up without it.  

Add cooked chicken + rice and dinner is done.  That's in under a half an hour for those of you who are counting.  Or those of you who stayed at work until 6pm.  

Happy dinner.



2 comments:

Lulu the Baker said...

Teriyaki is a fave at our house too. Next time we crave it, I'll try your recipe! We have a slow-cooker recipe we like a lot, but you do have to have enough forethought to start it in the morning.

Jason and Lindsay said...

I used this as a stirfry sauce on veggies and it was great. Even my picky eater ate up. Thanks!
Lindsay