.

.
This site is no longer active. For the latest from Alexandra, click through to alexandrahedin.com

Monday, November 18, 2013

The Fire Station Christmas Tree {on MarthaStewart.com}

See the whole gallery on MarthaStewart.com here!




I realize it's not Thanksgiving yet - and I already have a tree up - but it's time to start thinking about Christmas decorations - and I am so excited!  Since the outside of the station is already shining and bright, it only made sense to make the inside match.



Since I am putting up {and taking down!} at least three trees this year, I wanted to keep the ornaments as simple as possible while creating a big impact.  I strung Martha Stewart for the Home Depot lights on a piece of twine and used the garlands of ornaments on the tree.  It was way simpler than placing each ornament on the tree, and will come off super simply.  





I made stars for the tree from old record covers {because nothing says Christmas like Eddie Money!} that I'll share the directions next week.  It's a simple way to make a big impact.


All of the product featured in this post was provided by the Martha Stewart Living team to celebrate the 'Tis the Season of Doing holiday campaign going on now at The Home Depot



No comments: