.

.
This site is no longer active. For the latest from Alexandra, click through to alexandrahedin.com

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Endless Summer Projects :: A Scavenger Hunt


When I was young, I loved to do scavenger hunts.  I loved to make them and I loved to be a part of them.  I am so excited that my kids are finally old enough to start following along with a scavenger hunt - both for patience and reading ability!


The rules of a scavenger hunt are simple.  Lead your friends from one place to the other until the end up at the end where you have a treat waiting {I usually opt for something like a bucket of water balloons or a popsicle!}.  

I've attached a quick and fun scavenger hunt that most of you can do in your backyard.  Can't do some of them?  Make up your own!  Here's the scoop::

- Print out the below scavenger hunt pdf
- Cut out each clue
- Hide the clues - but keep one out for the first clue!
- When hiding the clues, be sure to always be leading them to the next one.  For example, the STOP SIGN clue would be hidden under the flamingo.
- At the last clue hide something fun!





This project is a part of Endless Summer Projects, a collaboration between Alexandra Hedin, Classic Play, Pars Caeli, Lulu the Baker, and This Heart of Mine to bring you fabulous summer projects for the whole family for the whole summer.




2 comments:

MJ @ parscaeli said...

Totally doing this one next Friday, on our last half day of school. Way to go, A! #endlesssummerprojects xo, MJ

Jen C said...

This is brilliant! Can't wait to give this one a try. The kids will go nuts!